Monday, March 31, 2008

My CC Essay

Its probably not that interesting but it fills up blog entry quite well so heres my Chinese Cinderella Essay

Chinese Cinderella Essay

In this essay I will define three major parts of when Adeline was taken to the boarding school and left there while the rest of her family fled from the Japanese invasion to Hong Kong. These events helped me understand how worthless she was to the rest of her family and how far they would go to be rid of her.

The first things for me that emphasised how unwanted and unloved she was was when her father said he didn’t even know her name. “A pang went through me. I meant so little to him, I was such a nobody he didn’t even remember my name”
The fact that her own father didn’t even know her name showed how little she was cared about and made me feel her disappointment.

Another important thing was when Adelines father didn’t actually know her date of birth. “’Give me your date of birth’ ‘I’m afraid I don’t know’… I counted for so little that my birthday was never remembered” This comment made me feel very sorry for Adeline that she was so uncared for that she didn’t even have a birthday.

The event that showed me the most how much she was despised by her family was when she stood at the door of the boarding school and watched them leave. This really made me feel her feelings of loneliness and being unwanted. “I watched the tail lights of fathers car disappear and an awful loneliness sank in. They had tossed me aside like a piece of garbage”

I conclude that Adeline being taken to the boarding school really helped me to understand what her childhood would have been like and has also helped me respect her for being able to go through all of it.

Ta Da

No comments: